The Bulletin of the Museum of Natural History, University of Oregon, accepts original articles in the fields of Archaeology, Botany, Ethnology, Geology, Paleontology, and Zoology, with preference for topics related to Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- The submission font is single-spaced, in 12 point Times New Roman font with figure captions and tables at the end of the document.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Each figure is uploaded as a separate file. Vector images should be in .EPS format, Raster graphics should be .TIFF or low-compression .JPG images, 600 dpi or greater. For final submission, each panel of a multi-panel figure should be a separate file.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.